What additional equipment mounted on the motorhome?
The satellite dish to the bike rack, the ladder to climb on the roof to fold awning mounted laterally, there are countless facilities that can accommodate a motor home throughout his life. Ask the owner which ones were mounted on the vehicle and make sure they do not serve as a pretext to artificially inflate the price.
Will you have a little time to “visit” the camper?
Consider a motorhome that’s considered together with a commercial vehicle and a trailer. Ask for at least an hour that the seller must give you. If he starts to balk by saying that his time is short, better go on your way.
- Motor Oil
- Brake Fluid
- Wear and belt tension
- Fan Operation (engine idling, it must get under way after a few minutes)
- State and tire pressure
- State of wiper blades (they must be changed every year)
- Wear of brake pads
- Operation headlights
- Operation flashing
- Operation of brake lights
- How the hazard lights (warning)
The living cell
- Functioning of all locks (door, tailgate, door gas cylinders, door cassette WC compartment, plug the water tank …)
- Cleanliness (cushions, curtains and toilets …)
- Smells (flee the camper that smells musty!)
- Traces of water infiltration (poor seal of the living cell)
- How the closet doors and drawers (must lock properly)
- Opening and closing of windows and skylights. Both operations must be performed without force)
- Removing and easy installation of the toilet cassette
- How the hot water taps and cold water
- Checking the proper flow of sewage.
- How the fridge
- How the fires of the stove
- Operation of the heater (check even in summer!)